Human Resources / Career
Overview of Occupation
Income Bracket: HR Consultant: $72,000 – $80,000 / HR Manager: $95,000 – $120,000
Human Resource professionals provide employment and personnel administration services within an organisation. Human Resource professionals assist organisations to manage growth and change, and take part in strategic management. They help determine staffing requirements, the skills required to meet the organisation’s objectives, and are involved in personnel recruitment, the maintenance of personnel records, staff training and the development of personnel policies and procedures.
Alternative Titles: HR
Education and Training: DIPLOMA human Resources is generally regards as a minimum requirement, Degree level to move in HR Management.
Employment Opportunities: Numerous opportunities exist within the Roads and Mining Sectors.
Range of tasks performed in the occupation:
Human resources officers in the minerals industry may perform the following tasks:
- Conduct analyses to determine staffing numbers, skills and needs to meet the organization’s objectives
- Analyse the skills and qualities required for each particular job and develop job descriptions and duty statements
- Advertise staff vacancies, assess applications, interview applicants, give selection tests, prepare reports and make recommendations to management about staff appointments
- Maintain the personal records of employees on matters such as wages, superannuation, leave and training, and prepare associated management reports
- Arrange for and conduct staff training
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and decision-making
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with people.